All year round
Farmed salmon mature in pens along the Norwegian coast..
Norwegian Salmon Fish is rich in
Best Pacific and Atlantic Salmon, wild Norwegian salmon fish sustainably sourced from cold pristine waters off the Norwegian coast. The delicate pink flesh offers unrivaled omega-3 richness and tender texture. Stroll into any sushi place on the earth and also you’re assured to see salmon on the menu. That was not the case 20 years in the past.
Regardless that the Japanese have eaten uncooked fish for hundreds of years, the famously orange Norwegian salmon fish was not a typical sight on this dish till lately. The Japanese merely didn’t contemplate their Pacific salmon clear enough to eat it uncooked. Nonetheless, the ocean-farmed Atlantic salmon was match for objective, with its clear and safe Norwegian origin. The one downside was that the Japanese didn’t consider it as sushi.
Thus started an formidable Norwegian marketing campaign, initiated by a gaggle of fish exporters with a giant dream. Because of a good suggestion, a few mad entrepreneurs and good advertising and marketing, the supreme Atlantic salmon is now a Japanese success. It has ranked as the most well-liked sushi topping in Japan for many years in a row. Together with a world sushi increase, the Norwegian salmon fish’s prime quality, intense look and contemporary taste has made Norway the biggest exporter of Atlantic salmon on the earth.
There are two genetically distinct genera of salmon: the Atlantic salmon and the Pacific salmon. They can solely be discovered within the chilly oceans on the northern hemisphere. The commonest kind is the Atlantic salmon, which is well-known worldwide for its very good high quality.
The Norwegian shoreline, which reaches far into the Arctic, provides splendid situations for a fish that thrives in chilly waters. Right here, the salmon can reside in its pure setting.
For hundreds of years, Norwegian fishermen have survived because of our in-depth data concerning the Norwegian sea, and the, generally, inhospitable coastal setting. Due to this fact we all know what our fish want and the place they thrive.
We look after our salmon’s welfare. Each Norwegian ocean farm is sustainable and provides loads of room for the fish to maneuver round. Solely 2.5 % of the quantity within the ocean farms is fish, the remaining 97.5 % is water. We additionally solely feed the salmon clean, top quality meals within the types of pellets.
The Norwegian salmon fish manufacturing has decreased its use of antibiotics remarkably. Since 1987 it has been decreased by a startling 99 %. Solely 0.14 gram of antibiotics goes into each ton of salmon. Combining traditions with data and a contemporary scientific strategy forms the premise of Norwegian aquaculture.
Salmon from Norway is a sought-after product. The Norwegian salmon was the primary kind of salmon utilized in sushi, and it has been included in numerous meals traditions internationally. Salmon is nutritionally an excellent product. Salmon have a natural high content of protein and contains a lot of the healthy polyunsaturated fatty acids. Therefore also high in Omega-3 fatty acids (EPA and DHA) and rich in the fat soluble Vitamin D. Salmon is also a good source of the minerals iodine and selenium.
Most of us solely have one life as one species, residing and breathing our entire life in the identical surroundings as we had been been born into. The salmon, however, has developed some fascinating options—enabling it to reside elements of its life in freshwater and different elements in salty ocean water. As a result of this salmon lives within the ocean however reproduces in freshwater and must change the best way it takes in oxygen.
To have the ability to breathe and reside as a freshwater fish, the salmon does one thing fairly extraordinary. Over hundreds of years it has advanced the superb capability to reverse a pumping mechanism in specialised cells in its gills. This spectacular physiological trick is just mastered by just a few different fish and is named osmoregulation.
Seafood In Norway
Norwegian salmon is very wealthy in protein, vitamin A, D and B12, antioxidants and omega-3s. Salmon is a really versatile fish and will be loved in each chilly and heat dishes. Uncooked, fried, boiled, baked or smoked. Even marinated on the grill, it is an actual winner. It additionally fits flavours and spices from all corners of the world, and salmon has turn into a star ingredient for high sushi cooks throughout the globe.
The salmon is stored on the ocean farm till it reaches a weight of 4 to 6 kilograms. This takes roughly 14-22 months. The farms are positioned in deep fjords, with a pure stream of chilly sea water that’s excessive in oxygen and supplies a superb setting for the Atlantic salmon all through its life.